Laws & Ordinances
City Ordinances and Laws
Offenses for which Students are most frequently Cited And Typical Settlements:
Fine/ Jail Time/ License Suspended
1st Offense: $600-2,000/ 0-1 YEAR /90 DAYS
2nd Offense: $1,100-5,100 /5 DAYS-1 YEAR /1 YEAR
3rd Offense: $2,100-10,100 /60 DAYS-1 YEAR/ 3 YEARS
Additional Expenses for all DUI's:
Court Costs: $170.00
DUI School : $115-250
Driver's License reinstatement fee: $100+
For Your Information:
- Effective August 9, 1996, administrative suspension of driver's license for 90 days if test over .08% or if breath test refused.
- Effective May 28, 1995, blood alcohol level lowered for which it is unlawful to drive for minors (under 21) to .02%.
- Jail time is given on a first offense DUI involving accidents and high blood alcohol levels.
- A person does not have to be driving to be convicted of a DUI, but in physical control which includes sitting on the driver's side with the keys in the ignition.
- For the offenses listed below, a 2nd offense will result in higher fines with the possibility of a suspended jail sentence and probation and/or jail time to serve.
|CHARGE||FINE AND COSTS
|Open Beverage||$220.00||(Includes Cups)|
|Minor in Possession of Alcohol||$320.00||Mandatory 90-180 days Driver's License Suspension
(Effective 8/8/95 )
|Sale of Alcohol to Minors||$670.00|
|Littering||$270.00||(Includes cigarettes and bottles)|
|Trespassing at Lake||$270.00|
|More than three Unrelated Persons Living at Residence||Mandatory Court Appearance|
|Adult allowing minors to Consume or possess alcohol at open house party||Mandatory Court Appearance|
|Noise Ordinance Violation||$270.00|
|Not Cutting Grass||$270.00|
|Dogs at Large||$195.00|
|Domestic Violence III||Mandatory Court Appearance||(Includes members of same household or a dating couple)|